One of the most versatile materials in the world is steel. From steel pipes, steel plates and steel bars in the Philippines and all over the world, steel is one of the most well used construction materials in the market today. Here are a few reasons why steel is popular all over the world as a base material for construction:
- Steel is durable – Compared to wooden based materials that were mainly in use during the earlier part of the century, steel is definitely sturdier compared to wood. While wood may be plenty durable on its own, against the elements and other unexpected conditions brought upon by nature, wood will eventually break down and collapse upon itself. Worth noting is that steel was actually considered to be a suitable replacement for wood and it wasn’t until the 20th century when steel became cheap enough to be used as a common material in various modernized construction projects.
- Steel is consistent – Unlike other construction materials, steel is actually the same wherever you may go. The thing about steel-based companies such as TKL Steel is that they adhere to a strict set of standards is universal. Simply put, because steel is produced at the highest possible quality at all times, it is consistent and its quality is assured.
- Steel is fireproof – Wood is considered extremely flammable so in order to ensure maximum safety when building or working on a project, steel is usually the preferred choice. Not only is steel easy to work with, it is also fire proof. The best part about steel is that in the case of a fire, steel will never contribute to the spread of the fire simply because it does not burn.
- Steel is inorganic – One of the best aspects of steel is that it is organic; it is not alive or once part of a living thing, like wood. Simply put, steel will never die, it will never rot, it will never crack and it will more likely last a longer time even if it was left alone to the mercy of the elements.
- Steel is mobile – A great fact about steel is that it is easily transported. Even when working on a project, steel is easily disassembled for reasons such as relocation, repair and some minor adjustments.
- Steel lasts – As stated above, steel is inorganic therefore it is immune to the passing of time. It will never rot and it will never break, as long as proper maintenance is observed.
- Steel is environmental friendly – One of the best things about steel is that it is environmental friendly. That is a good thing because steel or its after-product called ‘scraps’ are 100% recyclable.
- Steel is worth a lot of money – While TKL Steel offers its services at an affordable price, it is still worth noting that steel is worth a lot of money. Just having steel in your building or home is enough to increase its resale value by a whole lot.
- Steel is clean – As stated above, steel is environmental friendly. Compared to other construction materials, steel has the lowest output for scrap and waste.
Steel is no longer the future because people are using it every day in their own little way. Steel is a part of the world we live in today and it is a very reliable material that won’t break or deteriorate. There are a lot more pros in using steel compared to the cons, if there are any in the first place. Are you interested in availing of quality steel at an affordable cost? Give TKL Steel’s services a try!